50 Reasons To LOVE Your Foretravel
By Gary Whitsett - Foretravel
oh well, 84 reasons…but who's counting
- The Foretravel chassis: Drive the chassis that really started
it all! Our unique chassis design now sets the standard for
coaches in this class, and as always, we build it from the
- Drivability: Our superior suspension, lower center-of-gravity and
well-engineered weight distribution provide an extremely
responsive and secure driving experience. You have to drive one
to feel the difference!
- 36/36 Full Coach Warranty: Think about it…a full coach warranty on
the chassis and motorhome for a full 36 months or 36,000 miles.
You won’t find a better, more comprehensive motorhome warranty
- Our reputation: You know us! We’ve been around for over
35 years building great motorhomes and creating satisfied
- Air disc brakes: We think the ability to stop is pretty
important. That’s why every Foretravel built has all-wheel,
air-operated disc brakes with anti-lock brakes standard. Most
motorhomes don’t even offer them as options.
- Allison transmission retarder: We’re the only manufacturer to include
an Allison transmission
retarder as standard equipment on every coach we build. Tests
show that these retarders provide almost twice the braking power
of compression brakes and almost three times the braking power
of exhaust brakes. Sure, they cost more, but isn’t your safety
- The Club: The Foretravel Motorcade Club offers benefits and travel
opportunities far beyond most other clubs. Enjoy the experience
of sharing the fun and fellowship of the RV lifestyle with other
- Willingness to customize: Foretravel’s motto has for many years
been, “Built Especially for You.” We will customize most models
to meet your special needs or desires, whether it is colors,
interiors, floor plans or something else.
- Experienced production people: The average age of a Foretravel
production staff member is 35 years, and the average length of
employment is more than 10 years. We don’t have to “re-train”
our employees every year.
- Exclusivity of ownership: Foretravel is a family- and
employee-owned corporation that’s proud to manufacture a limited
number of very high quality motorhomes each year. That makes
every Foretravel owner very special to us.
- Air leveling system: Foretravel’s unique air leveling system
provides a more dependable and safer leveling system than
hydraulic jacks. You’ll never have to crawl under your coach to
place jack pads or free up a stuck jack. And it automatically
keeps your coach level.
- Lower coach height: Having a lower overall coach height of
11' - 6 1/2" makes for a lower center of gravity that noticeably
improves handling and performance. (You can also drive under a
12’ overhead door.)
- Cabinetry: You’ve always heard about Foretravel’s cabinetwork, haven’t
you? Well, it’s true. By producing everything ourselves
in-house, we provide the “fine furniture quality” fit and finish
you expect from Foretravel. Look at how everything fits the way
it should. Feel the finish. Then you’ll see our reputation is
very well deserved.
- Size of chassis steel: It’s all about strength and the 3/8"
and 1/4" wall thickness of steel tubing used in our chassis
construction. Look for yourself…you won’t find any lightweight,
thin-wall steel in a Foretravel.
- Power Tech generators: Superb 10.0-kw diesel generators from a
great company that provides a dependable, quiet power source
(mounted in a quiet box), unequalled service after the sale, and
a long 3-year warranty.
- Gel cell batteries: Just think...no maintenance, no water
to check and refill, no corrosion, longer life and a better,
more dependable power source.
- Heated storage bays: Not only are they well insulated, but
heated. This is a must for cold weather camping. Imagine, even
in freezing temperatures, your stowed items stay warm and cozy.
- Shower size: We build our showers as large as we can make them…probably
the largest in the industry. Plus, we add a showerhead slide bar
that makes it easy to adjust and direct the water where you need
- Dual fuel fill: Now you can re-fuel from either side or
both sides at once. It takes the worry and stress out of
re-fueling, and saves time in the process.
- Good use of space: e don’t waste it! If there’s a place,
we use it for something. That’s why you’ll find an abundance of
good, usable cabinet and closet space in every Foretravel.
Compare for yourself...you’ll see what we mean.
- Creation Insulated Windows: These fine, insulated, thermo-break
windows make it much more efficient to heat and cool your
Foretravel, and they go quietly about their work of reducing the
outside noise inside your coach.
- Power mirrors: At the touch of a finger, you can
easily adjust our chrome exterior mirrors to suit your driving
needs. And they’re heated for quick defrosting.
- Solid Surface Counter Tops: There are many advantages to
Foretravel’s solid-surface countertop material. We make it
ourselves to the proper size so there are no seams and it fits.
It’s also easy to maintain, repairs easily and looks great.
- Furniture fabrics: We buy our interior fabrics direct from
the mills and have them treated with flame retardant and for
soil resistance. You’ll notice an abundance of quality fabrics
and leathers in every Foretravel.
- Drinking Water Filter: We include a drinking water filter in
every Foretravel because you never know what kind of water
you’re getting in a campground. It provides filtered water to
your kitchen sink and icemaker.
- Professional wiring and breaker panels: We use
self-resetting circuit breakers instead of fuses. Foretravel
wiring is neat, orderly, routed safely and properly labeled.
- Storage bay floors: Storage bay floors are insulated,
heated, carpeted, and protected with a sheet of fiberglass
underneath the coach. There’s no bare steel exposed to the
- Drawers with full extension slides: Our cabinet
drawers are the best…completely hand-made in our own shop with
full extension ball-bearing drawer slides for total access,
strength and trouble-free operation without any rattles or
- Ceramic tile floor standard in all kitchens and bathrooms: A
Foretravel standard…easy to keep, and they look great!
- Inverter standard: Inverters generally make RV life much
easier. Make coffee, dry your hair, watch TV, cook your
toast...all without starting the generator. Standard on every
- Whole house electrical surge suppression system standard on all
coaches. Protect your appliances with this neat feature that’s standard for
- Flip-up color back up monitor: standard on
- Consolidated components bay: Consolidating all the “under-floor”
components into one storage bay makes the other storage bays
- Girard automatic patio awnings standard on all U295 and U320
models. Push a button, and it’s done…on all U295 and U320 models.
- Porcelain toilets: You wouldn’t have a plastic toilet in
your home, so why have one in your motorhome? They’re also
attractive, durable and easy to clean.
- Steel sidewall to floor bushings: We use
steel bushings to provide metal-to-metal connection between
sidewalls and floors so the plywood sub-floors don’t get crushed
and the sidewalls don’t loosen up down the road.
- Roof frame overlaps sidewall: A special extrusion designed by and
used only by Foretravel, makes our roof frames overlap the
sidewall frames by 1-1/2," providing tremendous strength and
connections that are leak-, dust- and draft-proof.
- Alcoa aluminum wheels with Dura-Bright: Beautiful,
shiny aluminum wheels that are easy to keep that way. The first
aluminum wheel you don’t polish or scrub – just spray with soap
- Joey Bed: The original slide-out tray for easy access to stored
“stuff”... standard on U295s and U320s.
- Air-operated step-well cover: Enjoy a flat floor in front of the
co-pilot seat because the step well cover is air-operated for
more comfort and safety. Opens and closes at the touch of a
button...much nicer than an exposed step well.
- Fiberglass sheet on inside of walls: A
continuous sheet of fiberglass inside the sidewalls, just under
the paneling, provides greater strength, stability and better
insulation, plus it considerably reduces condensation.
- Crowned roof: Foretravel puts a crown in the roof of every coach to ensure
water run off, virtually eliminating the possibility of water
pooling. Crowned roofs are strong enough not only to be walked
on, but could easily support the weight of a car.
- Larger holding tanks: Our gray water tank of 115 gallons will
hold more than our fresh water tank of 112 gallons can put into
it. What good is a large water tank if you don’t have anywhere
to put it? Plus, our 56-gallon black tank is more than adequate
for extended “dry camping.”
- Stability of ownership: Unlike many manufacturing companies,
Foretravel has never been bought or sold, and has never claimed
bankruptcy in any form. Actually, the family that started the
company more than thirty-five years ago is still running it.
- No pressed wood: No water-absorbing pressed wood or
cheap particleboard products are used in the construction of
Foretravel motorhomes. Only the finest grades of plywood and
paneling are used, and Marine Grade plywood is used for the
- Continuous run wiring: We make our own 12-volt and 110-volt
wiring harnesses to eliminate splices and tees, and direct wire
to each device. We also run extra wires just in case you need
them for something else later on.
- Residential carpet installation: Some
manufacturers put the carpet down first, and then set the walls
and cabinets on top of it. Foretravel lays carpet like you would
in your home...heavy foam pad with tack strips, and it’s
cut-to-fit. This makes for a stronger unit and is easier to
change down the road.
- Full sized furniture: We know you don’t get smaller when you
travel in your motorhome. That’s why we use only full-size
furniture by Villa in every Foretravel. We feel you should be as
comfortable in your motorhome as in your “other” home.
- Removable fuel tank: Hopefully, you’ll never need to, but if
you do, our lightweight aluminum diesel fuel tank can be removed
for easy replacement. In some other motorhome brands, the coach
has to be dismantled to get the tank out.
- Sliding shelf under kitchen sink: Everything
at your fingertips! You don’t have to get on your knees to reach
something way back under the kitchen sink. Just slide the shelf
out for easy access to all your “under-the-sink” items.
- Flexible arm map lights for pilot and co-pilot: As you
navigate, these bright map lights illuminate
without distracting, and also flex so the light goes exactly
where you need it.
- Pulse arc welding: We use special Pulse-Arc welding
machines that allow deeper weld penetration without extraneous
overheating that can cause warping and distortion of the steel.
It just does an overall better job.
- Smart wheel: Smart Wheel: The Smart Wheel® steering wheel, standard in
every Foretravel, puts the headlamp flash and marker lamp flash,
cruise control and wiper/washer controls right at your
fingertips. The wheel also tilts and telescopes for driving
comfort and is lighted for night driving.
- Larger fuel tank: The enormous 180-gallon diesel fuel
tank and the range it provides make fuel stops few and far
- Ducted air system: Our ducted air system creates a quiet,
cool environment, and allows the front or rear to be cooled with
- Full 60” x 80” queen bed: We use 60" x 80" queen mattresses, not
just “about” queen-size mattresses. Sheets can be bought right
off the shelf in any store, and they’ll fit.
- Comfort Control System: Control the cooling and heating of your
Foretravel from one convenient location. Like the thermostat
you’re used to at home, it puts you in complete control.
- Microwave accepts 9” x 13” pan: This is
pretty self-explanatory…a standard 9 x 13 pan (glass, of course)
fits nicely in your microwave/convection oven. The cook will
- Day/night shades: Have it light when you want it and dark
when you don’t. Day/Night shades are convenient, easy to
operate, look good and don’t rattle. Once you’ve had them,
you’ll never go back to mini-blinds.
- Leaf for dining table: Made of matching Foretravel
solid-surface material, just get it out when you need extra
table space and put it away when you don’t. It’s standard on
- Name brand appliances: There are just fewer problems and
better service when name brands we all recognize, such as
Dometic®, Magic Chef®, General Electric®, Sharp®, Panasonic® and
others, are used. Off-brand appliances are not even an option
- Lighted storage bays: No dark corners here! More than ample
light is provided for easy viewing and finding what you’re
- Manibloc water manifold: Like circuit breakers for water…if you
need to shut the water off to only one device (such as a
faucet), the Manibloc system can do it and you still have water
to everything else.
- Analog dash gauges: Accurate, dependable, user-friendly,
and easily repaired or replaced when needed, our analog dash
gauges are great!
- User friendly dash and cockpit switches: Everything’s right at your fingertips...no need to lean way
forward just to flash your clearance lights. We want you to
start out comfortable and stay that way.
- Engine and generator access: Easy to get to, easy to service. Rarely
do you need to slide out the generator, but when you do, you
can. And, the engine access is so large you can almost walk into
it. This makes servicing a breeze.
- Floor protection in engine compartment: We protect
the floor with an aluminum wrap at the engine cutout that
protects the plywood inner floor from moisture damage. This is
one you’ll really have to search for in other brands.
- Convenient utility station: Everything in one place...hot and cold
running water, water fill, soap, paper towels, dump hose
connection, shoreline, cable TV and more. And, it’s all in a
heated, weatherpro of compartment!
- Sony entertainment system: Prepare to have your senses excited.
The sound quality from Sony® components coupled with Bose®
speakers is amazing.
- Coach retrieval hitches: This is another feature we hope you
never need. But if you ever get your Foretravel stuck in the
mud, it’s great to have a place to hook-up to and pull it out
without damaging anything.
- Electric TV antenna: No more cranking cranks or turning
knobs. It’s all done with the push of a button.
- Electric windshield privacy shades: Use them as
sun visors while driving and as privacy shades when parked.
Again, it’s all at the push of a button.
- Television technology: Enjoy the very latest in television
viewing technology with flat screen and LCD TVs and Plasma
monitors. The crisp images from these state-of-the-art
components will leave you breathless.
- Remote jumper terminals: Standard on U320s, these provide easy
access for battery jumping if it’s ever necessary.
- Multiplex lighting control: All U295s and U320s have this new
method for controlling lighting and other 12-volt systems in
your coach. Never search for a light switch again.
- Pneumatic seal for slide outs: Automatically seal out air, dust and
water. And there are no unsightly flanges and gaskets on the
side of your coach.
- Higher GVWRs: Lots of payload to carry all your “stuff.” You’re probably
trying to carry too much if you use it all.
- Excellent paint: Wow! Only the very best paint, numerous
coats of clearcoat and lots of sanding in between give
Foretravels that deep, glass-like sheen. It makes a big
difference when you get really close. Take a look (and feel) for
- Automatic Traction Control: Automatically helps keep your coach
under control when roads are slick. Just another Foretravel
- Keyless entry: Lock or unlock your entry door or
storage bay doors at the press of a button. No more fumbling for
keys, and it’s standard on every Foretravel.
- Seamless end-caps: We hand-finish the seams where our
front and rear end-caps attach to the coach for a beautiful,
seamless finish. It’s time-consuming, but it’s worth it.
- Parallel doors: Most of our storage bay doors are the
bus-style, parallel type. They travel up and out parallel to the
sidewall for easy access to stored items.
- Door bell: Built into the entry handle, it allows guests to announce
their arrival. A small thing, but what a nice little extra
- The Foretravel Distinction: We are recognized as the leader in
motorhome quality and craftsmanship. You’ll find this Foretravel
brand of quality throughout each coach, not in just the beauty
and luxury you can see, but in places you’ll never see.
© Barry Brideau 2003-2017