You will need:
• The AC charge cord for your Android
• (one time) Download PdaNet for Androids at: http://www.junefabrics.com/android/ and load it on your PC. Follow the prompts to load the driver (you may have to reboot).
• (one time) Get PdaNet free edition by searching for it in the Market on your android and install on your android
• Once complete you will need to complete the following steps to be tethered and connected to the Internet
• Have a good Verizon cell connection (the more bars the better, however I have had good response with as little as two bars).
• Connect the AC charger cord (without the AC plug portion) to your Android and to an unused USB port on your PC.
• Start PdaNet application on your Android
• Enable USB Tether (Option will pop up once you start PdaNet and you are connected to your PC)
Here's the tricky part I always forget…
- Pull down the Notification bar on your android
- Tap the item "USB connected"
- tap on the "Mount" option
A small Android mini icon should appear on the right hand side of your PC task Bar Click on it… select “connect”
You should be connected to the internet; Your Android will stay on and be charged continually.