Well, after long hours, numerous beverages, and a bit of cussing, I am almost finished with the wood floor installation. I used Bellawood Brazilian Koa floating, with two layers of underlayment. The trim was the most difficult, trying to fit around the rounded corners of the cabinets. I especially like the way I treated the wire run on the right side of salon. I am keeping the carpeting in the bedroom for now (I ran out of wood!) I think I will replace it with new carpeting. Still a little bit more trim to do in the bath, along with the right side entrance, and sliding floor over the steps, and this project will be done. If I had it all to do over again, I would not use floating only because of the trimming difficulties. With glue down you would have some precision cutting to do, but I think it would be less time consuming.
© Barry Brideau 2003-2017