Lomaki, Hopi for "Beautiful House," sits along a small box canyon. Tree-ring dating of roof timbers indicates the occupants lived here from about a.d. 1190 to 1240. The small two-story pueblo contained nine rooms. A quarter-mile trail from the parking area also passes small dwellings beside Box Canyon. The Hwy 89 turnoff for Lomaki lies northwest of Wupatki Visitor Center, 0.3 mile beyond the Citadel ruin on the opposite side of the road.